* Do you have a day job ? Are you moonlighting?
* What do you mean by the we ? Are there any other people who work at your company?
* Are they employees or contractors? What are their names, specialties and backgrounds? How long have they been with the company? Will they be involved with this account?
* What size is your typical consulting client, in terms of number of PCs, employees and annual revenue?
* What industries or vertical markets have you worked with? And in what particular aspects and software applications?
* What kinds of products, services, and platforms does your company shy away from? Do you work with any specialty hardware, software or services vendors?
Ask as many questions as you want so that you can get past any lies or deception. If a company doesn't want to answer your questions, then you should be concerned. Also be sure to get references and ask them about their experiences as well.
Learn more about hiring a professional computer consulting firm in the full article (link above).
Posted by Computer Consulting 101