Download This Special Report

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Analysis: Microsoft's New Gatekeeper

Everyone knows that Bill Gates is leaving his position with Microsoft to run his Foundation full time, but here's some information on the man who's taking his place. Ray Ozzie, Microsoft CTO and Lotus Notes creator, will be taking over the post.

No one at the partner convention will even notice, though, because Gates hasn't been around in a long time. Tim Huckaby, CEO of Interknowlogy, said, "For the last five years, it seems to me that Gates has spent most of his time traveling the world, shaking hands and doing keynotes. My speculation is that he has been trying to retire for a long time."

Like most others Huckaby doesn't imagine that much will change with Microsoft since it's a corporation of many people who work as a team to develop and choose Microsoft's direction. Andy Vabulas, president of I.B.I.S., had this to say, "I think Microsoft will change day to day, and it has to. And I'm glad that they chose Ray [Ozzie] versus someone who has grown up in the Microsoft world. I think it will be a breath of fresh air."

Learn more about Ray Ozzie and Microsoft's new move in the full article (link above).

Posted by Computer Consulting Kit