First of all, decide who your competitors are so that you can investigate their practices. Ask yourself about each of these types of companies:
- Big PC manufacturers
- Computer consulting moonlighters
- Established computer consulting businesses
- Software producers and distributors
You will also need to know what prospective clients are saying about computer consulting, whether they are in your area or whether they live hundreds of miles away. Talk to your friends, family, employees, and acquaintances to find out the answers to these questions:
- What are they saying about computer support?
- What are they complaining about?
- What causes them frustration?
To learn more about exploiting your competitors’ weaknesses, read the entire article (link above).
Submitted by Computer Consulting 101 Professional Kit