- Avoid going out to clients on more than 3 consecutive weekday evenings.
- Stick to a rigid standard configuration. If you keep consistent hardware and software, standard settings, similar operating systems, similar peripherals, the same ISPs whenever possible, and the same web host whenever possible, you will be working more efficiently.
- Look for 9-5 clients. You went out on your own to avoid being on call 24/7.
- Don’t let deadbeats ruin your morale. Though it’s frustrating, don’t give these clients all your attention.
- Try to operate from a position of financial strength so that you can be picky with your clients and keep your work and life balanced.
- Live by the motto: Life’s too short to put up with crap. Remember to laugh and let go of the stress.
Blogged by Joshua Feinberg