If you are looking for a technology professional to help your small business, you may feel overwhelmed at the prospect of creating a solid computer technician job description that will get you the best candidates. Many small business owners don’t have a lot of technical knowledge and don’t know where to start when it comes to figuring out how to handle their own IT needs OR how to find a qualified consultant that can!
Skills in a Typical Computer Technician Job Description
Here are just some of the duties a good technician will probably need to perform for your small business:
1. Installs, configurations and upgrades of operating systems and software (typically using Microsoft products);
2. Installs, assembly and configurations for computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals like printers, scanners and other hardware;
3. Troubleshooting for computer system problems and problems with hardware and software, e-mail, network and peripheral equipment and making necessary repairs and corrections;
4. Acting as a technical resource to help users resolve equipment problems and data and performing some help desk functions;
5. Recommending hardware and software solutions that fit your small business needs.
6. Helping with planning, designing, researching and acquiring new or upgraded hardware and software and implementing them into total business solutions.
Ask Key Questions to Create a Computer Technician Job Description
If you want to get just the right candidates for the job of maintaining your IT assets and helping you create an efficient small business environment, you need to ask important questions. Here are just some examples:
1. “Are you a part-time or full-time computer technician?”
2. “Are you a solo computer technician or do you have other employees and contractors?”
3. “Are you a generalist or a specialist? Which software specialties do you have and in which markets have you worked?”
There are many more questions you will have to consider as you are interviewing candidates and also creating your computer technician job description. To find out what these important questions are … and much more … visit the attached link!
Added By: Computer Consulting Kit