The main person that judges the quality of your customer service is the main decision maker or the internal computer guru. Treating these people with extra care is the way to provide the best customer service.
The following tips can help get you in with the internal guru or the primary decision maker and will help your reputation for offering excellent customer service.
Tips for Excellent Customer Service
1. Make the guru look good in front of superiors. If the guru is made to look well-versed and intelligent at handling issues, he/she will tell those that are giving you the check about your great customer service.
2. Get to know the main contacts for the account and take an interest in their jobs and functions. Remember personal details about them and ask them about these personal items later so you become known for the best customer service.
3. Take note of people’s personal lives and give appropriate gifts or cards to acknowledge major life events such as having a baby, getting married or losing a loved one. A small effort in this area will bring great rewards in terms of the perception of customer service.
4. Share some tips about productivity to help clients get the most out of their software. You don’t need to worry about losing a couple billing hours to do this, because at this point you have a long-term, established relationship with the client. Doing extra little training sessions helps build loyalty and shows you are putting client needs above your own.
5. Keep a wish list for clients of what they need in terms of IT. Organize the list in terms of their scheduling needs each month.
6. Help them clean out their old IT files. This process will only take 10 or 15 minutes and during this time you can help them figure out what should be kept and what can be thrown away. This process will contribute to great customer service.
7. Offer to give business tips with the guru. Tell what you learned from other clients as well as from other business sources.
8. Present a customer satisfaction survey annually. Excellent customer service means you have to exceed customer expectations. Surveys can help you determine where you are doing well and where you need work.
The Main Idea About Customer Service
Providing the best customer service is essential to your business. Focus your efforts on the guru and decision maker and position yourself to be known as a consultant that offers superior customer service to all your clients.
Added By: Joshua Feinberg